Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tutorials

I watch a lot of knitting tutorials online. Usually through Youtube, but pretty much any website that has them. Some are better than others. Some have poor lighting, bad (or no) editing, unclear directions, no corresponding pattern to follow, go too fast, go too slow, etc.

I've been developing a feel for the style of tutorials I like to watch. I would like to try to make a couple of tutorials myself. I don't have a very good camera though, so we'll have to see if it's feasible at all. I think I do a good job of explaining things to beginners, and I'd like to see if I can be of help to anyone. I'm not far beyond the beginner stage myself, but I look at it as a good thing. As I learn new things, it's fresh in my memory, and I can be sure to impart all those little "lessons learned". It seems like the experts forget to dumb down their demonstrations just a little bit, or don't provide some of those helpful little tips, because they learned them so long ago, or they just assume everyone else knows them.

If anyone has any suggestions for my first tutorial, please let me know. I have a couple of things in mind, but am open.

No comments:

Post a Comment